Paving slab in kitchen floor
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
smallfry
Labourer
Labourer

Paving slab in kitchen floor

Post by smallfry » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:23 pm

Not sure if this is the right place for my queery! :?:

I have a ex council house built around 1950 with the old terracotta tiles forming the kitchen floor.

About to have a new kitchen fitted but am puzzled by the floor under the sink unit (draining board side). It has an 18 inch square paving slab set into the tiles raised up off the floor about an inch. Tried removing it but to no avail. Only found it when I came to remove the old sink unit.

Can anyone tell me why this is there as I am slightly worried I should leave it as it might be there for a reason.

Any ideas anyone?

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:58 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:50 am