pebble dashing new extension
Brickwork, drystone walling, render are a few subjects covered here. Click here to post questions and get answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rose
Ganger
Ganger

pebble dashing new extension

Post by rose » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:01 pm

Am renovating an old house. It already has pebbledashing and we wanted to make the extension look part of the house so have had it pebble dashed!
But the mortor to us doesn't look level and it seems that the stones they've used are too big as they have fallen off. Also there are plenty of patches that just seem to have mortor on them, so when it gets painted i think it will look very patchy.Also the rain drips above the window look very chunky and ugly.
Any advice welcome...

don't wish to get fobbed off by builder when these issues are brought up..

thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:28 pm

rose,
If the stones have fallen off then the pebble dash was not applied correctly. There will always be loss of some stones but there should not be bare patches. There is not much choice in drip mouldings but I would always recommend stainless ones.
end

rose
Ganger
Ganger

Post by rose » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:18 am

[quote="stoneyboy"]rose,
If the stones have fallen off then the pebble dash was not applied correctly. There will always be loss of some stones but there should not be bare patches. There is not much choice in drip mouldings but I would always recommend stainless ones.
end[/quote]

thanks for your advice stoneyboy

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

Post by TheDoctor4 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Find trusted, insured and vetted tradesman local to your area. Visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:45 pm