peglar bath mixer tap
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
freeleaf
Apprentice
Apprentice

peglar bath mixer tap

by freeleaf » Sun May 10, 2009 4:30 pm

Has anyone tried repairing a peglar mixer tap? The handle which sits in the middle has just become 'floppy', water can only now be got out of the bath spout and turning the lever, which used to make the water come out of the shower, has no effect. We used gripps to take the nut out, and there's another nut inside. We're not sure if this is an amateur's job, or weather we need to get a plumber in?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue May 12, 2009 9:48 pm

freeleaf,
It will probably be cheaper in the long run to replace the tap.
end

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Wed May 13, 2009 11:35 pm

It sounds as though the diverter valve has become detached from the "handle which sits in the middle". Result diverter no workee and no water goes to the shower.

Is it one of these?

Google "pegler.co.uk/MEDIA/ProductImages/20112_a.jpg"

This is repairable and I don't agree that it will be cheaper to replace it. Pegler are a quality make and you'll pay £ 400 + for a new one like the one in the image if its chrome (considerably more if its gold plated.)

I'm really concerned that you removed part of it with "grips" as you've probably damaged the chrome plating if nothing else. I could advise you what to dobut I have a suspicion it may be cheaper in the long run for you to get someone in. It should take longer than 30 minutes to sort out.

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:33 am