picket fence with huge gap at bottom...
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fencequestioner
Labourer
Labourer

picket fence with huge gap at bottom...

by fencequestioner » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:50 pm

We have had a picket fence installed with a gap of up to 20cm at the bottom. It looks ridiculous. When we phoned the installer they said it wasn't finished and was going to have boards put at the bottom to close the gaps. When asked what would happen about the gap under the gate, they said they would have to think about that. Has anyone ever seen a picket fence with boards along the bottom and did it look ok? We had pointed out a fence as an example before work was done and there were no boards at the bottom of it, so this was unexpected and I'm not sure I'm happy about it. How easy would it be for them to remove the pickets - they were put on individually and not in panels. I would really prefer this option as they could be replaced with longer pickets that sit a couple of inches from the ground, but don't know if this is going to be a huge job.

fencequestioner
Labourer
Labourer

by fencequestioner » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Never mind. It seems either option is fine with them, so just have to decide whether to have large gravel board or longer pickets.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:12 am