PIPE BENDER
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

PIPE BENDER

by greengrass » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:37 pm

I have a pipe bender which is 2yrs old and had DIY not commecial use it now doesn't bend 15mm because of a gap of about 10mm between the bar on the pipe and the pressure wheel which should run along the bar to create the bend. this occured sudenly ie: last week bending pipes for kitchen and now now chance with this gap.

Confused as to what the cause is as nothing loose none of the parts can be adjusted pressure wheel turns oK.....I'm stumped.
Don't know if the 1" side is same not use it. cost around £35 can't rember exact.

Many thanks to all who reply even if it's don't buy cheap tools.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:10 pm

You don't mention a former. Did this bender use one or is the wheel shaped to the curve of the pipe?

I would normally expect to see a 10mm gap between the pipe and wheel because that is where the former goes????

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:50 pm

Agree with plumbob. Sounds like the former is missing.

greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

Re: PIPE BENDER

by greengrass » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:38 pm

[quote="greengrass"]I have a pipe bender which is 2yrs old and had DIY not commecial use it now doesn't bend 15mm because of a gap of about 10mm between the bar on the pipe and the pressure wheel which should run along the bar to create the bend. this occured sudenly ie: last week bending pipes for kitchen and now now chance with this gap.

Confused as to what the cause is as nothing loose none of the parts can be adjusted pressure wheel turns oK.....I'm stumped.
Don't know if the 1" side is same not use it. cost around £35 can't rember exact.

Many thanks to all who reply even if it's don't buy cheap tools.[/quote]

SORRY LADS
ADDITION : FORGOT TO MENTION THE PIPE BENDER IS COMPLETE nothing fell off nothing missing nothing broke, all as purchased. Bending fine up to a week ago.

Nothing missing nothing moved no adjustmen everything fixed pressure wheels on the handle turn ok the former loose and move slightly on the on the squar shoulder at their base. Cannot understand what's happened bending pipe ok one week no go the next would post picture if I could

MY! FORGETTING THIS : IF I had a brain I would be dangerous.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:04 am