PIR auto switch
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
diydan
Labourer
Labourer

PIR auto switch

by diydan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:04 pm

Im replacing a normal light pull with a luxomat automatic pir light detector in my bathroom.
The exsisitng wiring has the normal connections id expect and the switch ghas a fan on a timer wired in also.
The new luxomat auto switch has a fitting ive never seen before, a push in connector for wires instead of conventional screw securing. Ive put test wire in but cant remove it, there are plastci clipe that seem to push in at top, but dont really do anything, ayn ideas!
Also the fiting is marked with one L and an arrow down terminal, two N terminlas and one L arrow up terminal, can anyone tell me what goes where please?

thanks

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:02 am

Hi Diydan,
all else fails read the leaflet! this is far from straight forward as the switch needs a neutral to work its electronics, the connections being L in, sw. L out and N(s) of which you only need one. however I am sure I don't have to say again this is not DIY work, bathroom electrics are 'Part-p'
controlled service see doc's project section, it will need rewiring with a 3core & earth in place of existing twin/E
regards SPARX

diydan
Labourer
Labourer

pir switch

by diydan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:54 am

many thanks - cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:53 pm