Planning Application Needs Archaeological Survey for Extension Foundations
Drainage pipes, concrete, footings and foundations. Post your questions and find answers here

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Planning Application Needs Archaeological Survey for Extension Foundations

by collectors » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi, has anyone had to have an archaeological survey done on the foundations being dug on an extension. it seems there was a wooden castle a few hundred yards up the road (Not there now) from my property & they want to survey my back garden at my expense encase there is any artifacts buried in this area.
It looks like i might have to have this done & getting very concerned on costs.
I have looked back on all other local planning applications & cant find one that has asked for this in this area.
Has anyone any idea on the cost's that might be uncured on having this done.

Thanks

Chris

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Planning Application Needs Archaeological Survey for Extension Foundations

by welsh brickie » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:41 pm

all the information I know is it will usually take a week cost can be anything from 1000 to 5000, but if they find something of value it will incur further costs, and you may be denied the extension based on the survey

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Planning Application Needs Archaeological Survey for Extension Foundations

by collectors » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Thanks Welsh brickie, fortunately for us we had to pull out a large area of bushes & old tree stumps to repair broken drains in this area that had root ingress & i hop they will except we have already ruined the area doing this work a year ago. (We will see) Don't need the extra expense.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:24 pm