Planning help for Care home build at end of the garden
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Oj205
Labourer
Labourer

Planning help for Care home build at end of the garden

by Oj205 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:27 pm

Hi all,

After many years saving up, myself and my fianc! have just (August) bought our first house. It is perfect, but nothing grand and we bought it as we loved to country feel, the views and the south facing garden.

We are now slightly concerned as a planning application for a 3 storey care home has been made for the unused land at the end of our garden. I fear that it is going to cast a shadow over our property as well as making our property overlooked by many flats.

I'm no expert but I want to object but need to make sure that it is done in the right way.

If you would like to see the plans they can be seen here:

http://wam.n-somerset.gov.uk/MULTIW...er=16/p/2433/o&appType=planning&action=Search

Any thoughts? We are number 79 on the east of the map.

We feel extremely privelidged about having our first house, but fear that it will not only affect our day to day life, and also reduce the price of our house.

Many thanks,

Oli

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Planning help for Care home build at end of the garden

by welsh brickie » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:16 pm

you have a legal right to oppose any plans for proposed buildings, I suggest you get together with your neighbours, and voice your concerns, a single objection is easily supressed, A group of concerned neighbours can halt the proposal

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1