Planning Permission For A BIG Shed
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bigburton73
Labourer
Labourer

Planning Permission For A BIG Shed

by bigburton73 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:13 am

Hi All

I am a big fan of cycling and after a recent spat of thefts from the local club I ride with I have invested in a Secure metal Shed from a company called Asgard, it’s a beast of a shed – but super secure – exactly what will put my mind at rest. They tell me that it does not require planning permission (no one has ever needed it before) as the size is 6ft wide x 10ft ish. Though I do need to put down a concrete base to sit it on. Are they correct?
:shock:

Cheers all

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

planning permission

by welsh brickie » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:33 pm

With sheds there isnt really a problem as it classed as a temporary structure,But if it affects a neighbours view or there are complaints the planning officer will be knocking on the door,best to inform the neighbours first

DevilDamo
Tradesman
Tradesman

by DevilDamo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:23 pm

As mentioned above, you could possibly get away with it in classing it as a temporary structure. When foundations, etc... start to go in is when the LPA would take a view on it being more of a permanent structure.

If in doubt, ask. Don't "always" trust what these suppliers say.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1