planning permission static caravan
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
torchwood
Labourer
Labourer

planning permission static caravan

Post by torchwood » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:05 pm

can anyone point me in the right direction for quality advice i have had conflicting stories from planners and planning appeals firms?
i installed a static caravan on a development site over six years ago which i currently still live in. the project is now finished and the nice council by chance a few months ago, saw my caravan during a site visit.
they have informed me verbally that they want it removed. the caravan is situated on a disused farm in the old yard area which is 1 acre of old buildings and hard standing. i am not overlooked and have no neighbour problems and have lived here happily for over 6 years, anybody help??

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:16 pm

The people you have to convince are the planning department irrespective of any advice you get from other people - including planning appearls companies who have an axe to grind. It would not be uncomon for the planning department in one borough to take an opposite view to that of the neighbouring borough. So its the planers you have to deal with. The question is one of balance. If you approach them to discuss it then they might get bitchy or might just be nice. If they're serious I'm surpised that you have only had verbal communication thus far.

Useful information here:

Google "joalleisure.com/mobile-home-planning-considerations.html"

The main problem is that you use this caavan as your main residence. That is the key and therefore it does need PP.

I think I'd be tempted to trot down and have a chat about it. Would they allow you retrospective PP if they insist it breaches planning rules? If so - just get the paperwork completed with their assistance.

Cheers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1