planning
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ollie149
Labourer
Labourer

planning

by ollie149 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:41 am

i had an extention already on my house when i bought it 20 years ago,six years ago we submitted a drawing to extend to about 5ft wider and was told planning was not needed but we have fond that we dont have building regs and the extention is not on the deeds,any advise what to do?

arbco
Ganger
Ganger

by arbco » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:41 pm

1. Does the original extension have planning and B Regs permission? The L.A. will have records if it does. Isuggest that you ask them as the L.A permissions are rarely placed with the deeds.
2. I take it the 5ft extension has been carried out? If so you could apply to the L.A for a regularisation cert under B Regs but this will involve exposing a number of elements of the extension such as footings, floor & DPC. The regs that would have applied at the time of construction will apply.You will also need to make an application which will involve drawings etc as a full plans application. A fee will also apply which will be 20% more than a normal application but no VAT! so only 2.5% extra.
3. I presume you are thinking of selling and need the paperwork for the HIP?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1