Plaster around cupboard

Postby fc01 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:28 pm

I am currently having a new kitchen fitted. When I came home from work today I noticed that the people doing the work have hung all the wall units without yet plastering the walls. I can only assume they intend to plaster around the wall units.

Is this right? I would have thought that first they should have plastered all the walls.
fc01
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby chris_on_tour2002 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:05 pm

it is quite possible to plaster around the cupboards but you are right in thinking that they are making extra work. would be much easier to plaster first. one assumes that he who hung the units will not be plastering the walls? otherwise he would surely have plastered first.

it is certainly better practice to plaster first. if you ever want to remove the wall units you will have to replaster.
chris_on_tour2002

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!