Plaster board/Aqua board
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Newps
Apprentice
Apprentice

Plaster board/Aqua board

Post by Newps » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:10 am

Hi there,
I am ripping out old bathroom which was tiled all over, needless to say plaster has come away. House was built in 1935.

I was thinking of using plaster board but seen from Projects that i should used Aqua board, should i use aqua board everywhere in the bathrrom or just bath and shower walls are?

Also can i tile directly onto aqua board or must i apply something else.

For other walls i intend to paint, again after installing plaster board/aqua board what should i do to perpare surface.

Can i use plaster board around window and window ledge?

The project sections implies i should skim the plaster board but was hoping to avoid this?

Cheers
Newps

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi,
aquaboard is great for wet rooms and bathrooms a little more expensive than your normal plasterboard, so if cost is an issue aquaboard the areas that are going to be most likely to be in wet areas. If you intend to tile on to plasterboard a little trick is to cover the area on the board you intend to tile with hardboard as it will prevent damage to board if/when you decide to rip tiles off agian in the future.
Alternative to plastering walls, would be to joint tape them and fill out with jointing compound this will involve two or three application and some sanding down, best to use with tapered edge plasterboards, you can board internal of windows (the reveals) and the ledge too, you would need to put angle beads around these edges to give good finish, when work is complete and you are ready to paint i'd always recommend a good contrators base paint as first appilaction.
i hope this was usefull information any more question do not hesitate to reply.
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:12 am