plaster disaster
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ornsboy
Labourer
Labourer

plaster disaster

by ornsboy » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:01 pm

Hi ive been plastering for about ten years and ive just done a job that went wrong and im not sure why.

I was converting an old barn and rendered the walls first about a week later i plastered the walls .

All walls had at least 2 coats of PVA on and one was tacky all plaster was new, all materals are standard i did the job and it went well.

The plaster was aloud to dry and then was painted and the job finished

The problem is now after 7 weeks the plaster is all comming off the walls its like it never stuck but pva was used and plenty of keyin the render, the pva was a standard mix ive used for years but its only started to happen now.

the walls are cotwold stone the the whole conversion was very damp but was covered for many weeks before plastering was started, i put it down to essesive shrinkage in wall render but am unsure any help please?

Aidan
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Aidan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:22 pm

Make sure that a dehumidifier hasn't been used in the house, it sucks all the moisture out of the plaster and it will crack off. When you say the damp was covered for many weeks what do you mean?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:54 am