Plasterboarding a Velux rooflight

Postby guernseymatt » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:11 pm

Does anyone know how to plasterboard a velux roof light? My roof joists are way out leaving uneven gaps to fill and am having trouble packing them out as I am not even sure whether or not the board should be on an angle out from the velux to the ceiling boards or not.

All tips greatfully received ....
guernseymatt
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

DIY asbestos test kits

Postby kbrownie » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:13 pm

The board should just run flat to your roof joist, a lot of roof trusses and just weren't designed to be boarded over so they will not have been spaced out for taking the standard board sizes and will also not be true and flat.
Best thing is to run a straight edge along the run and placing strips of timber so joints but up together and board can lay flat on to. There will be a little tolerence. Especially if you intend to skim over.
KB
kbrownie

Postby guernseymatt » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:38 pm

thanks ..... i.'ll give it a go
guernseymatt
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!