Plastering after damp treatment
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kirstenw
Labourer
Labourer

Plastering after damp treatment

Post by kirstenw » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:00 am

I have got a penetrating damp problem in my bedroom that is due to be fixed in a week or so. My question is relating to the method the builder intends to use. He plans to remove all of the damaged/damp plaster on Day 1, then fix the problem on the outside of the house, then replaster on Day 2. My concern is that the wall will not be dried out sufficiently, as it took 4 weeks for an internal wall in another area of my house to be dried ready for plastering after flood damage last year. Am I worrying unnecessarily, or am I right to be questioning this?

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by TheDoctor4 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:29 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

Inform Timber and Damp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Inform Timber and Damp » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:03 pm

Depends on degree of damp in wall, ideally it would be prferable to leave wall exposed for months but most people would nt have the patience.
i would be more concerned bout the type of plaster going back on the wall since most modern plasters are Gypsum based and are less effective on older and damper walls.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:04 pm