Plastering large gaps in through walls

Postby SuzeC » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:23 pm


I have recently moved into a flat where the kitchen runs off the living room. In the partition wall there is a serving hatch with a wooden frame set in it.

I am looking to remove the wooden frame and fill the gap in between the living room and kitchen but wondered if you could recommend any ways of plastering this using support to keep the plaster in place.


Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:18 pm


Simply Build It

Postby chris_on_tour2002 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:53 pm

stud it with a wooden framework. fit plasterboard to this then skim. don't try filling a hole that size with plaster! it would take weeks of building up gradually. studding is the only way to go.
Posts: 1023
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:14 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics