Plastering Repair job showing through the Paint
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
paulr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Plastering Repair job showing through the Paint

by paulr » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi

I had a repair job done on a hole in the ceiling (water escape, insurance repair). Anyway hole was repaired, plastered over and then repainted

6 months on, the original hole shape, like a large 'U' Shape is now showing through the paintwork in a sort of browny plaster colour. I can see no evidence of further or subsequent leaks, so I'm wondering if this is normal, bad workmasnhip or just unlucky?

I'm a complete novice so any insight would be useful as I'm sure the insurance company will tell me its not their problem!

ta

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:41 pm

paulr,
The repair will have been painted with emulsion paint and the original stain is now leaching through.
You will need to paint the area with a number of coats of stain-block paint and finish with the original emulsion.
end

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

by theshedman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:49 am

Hi, if you don't want to go to the expense of buying a stainblock try this, mix equal amounts of gloss and undercoat and paint this on the area where the stain is, then emulsion again. Make sure you mix them well.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:35 am