plastering tape

Postby cammy4366 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:12 pm

I've moved into a house where a door opening has been plasterboarded over and skimmed, there is a crack the whole way around it now. I've removed the plasterboard and have taken 15m out of the old door standard so the board is flush (-3mm) with the stone plastered walls. what is the best kind of plaster tape to use to form a bridge between stone and plasterboard to ensure it doesn't crack when i redo it?
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:54 pm


Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:57 pm

Its called scrim Cammy and its a very fine mesh on a roll which will prevent cracking. See our project on plastering and scroll to the bottom to see a roll of scrim.
Site Admin
Posts: 2253
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Postby cammy4366 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:01 am

Thanks, but i've used that tape before on joints between plasterboard and plastered stonework without any success. is there a stronger or more suitable product as opposed to that plastic mesh? I've been told there is an older product that was more like a rope type mesh for joins. can you still buy it?
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:54 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics