Plastic Mouding of a Belt Sander Tool - Need Some 3M Structural Adhesive and Superglue or Epoxy, Where can I get Some?

Postby woolyhead » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:46 pm

Hello everyone. Could anyone tell me where to buy a small quantity if 3M structural adhesive 7271 and whether it will stick to the glass reinforced plastic casing of a hand operated power tool. I also want to buy some System Eleven six packs of superglue/epoxy for the same purpose. Are these really the appropriate types of adhesive to use? I also need to replace / build up this same but worn plastic with something that adheres well. What can I use and where can I buy it please?
woolyhead
Progress to next rank:
10.5%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby proptech » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi woolyhead
I would suggest that any repair to the casing of a power tool is not going to be anything other than a danger. Please either replace the tool, or get it properly repaired using the correct new parts.
If you are asking for another reason, let us know precisely what it is, I'm sure we can help.
proptech
Progress to next rank:
71.7%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!