Plastic Mouding of a Belt Sander Tool - Need Some 3M Structural Adhesive and Superglue or Epoxy, Where can I get Some?
Fillers, sealants and adhesives for all types of DIY work. Help, advice and information on all aspects of this subject

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
woolyhead
Apprentice
Apprentice

Plastic Mouding of a Belt Sander Tool - Need Some 3M Structural Adhesive and Superglue or Epoxy, Where can I get Some?

by woolyhead » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:46 pm

Hello everyone. Could anyone tell me where to buy a small quantity if 3M structural adhesive 7271 and whether it will stick to the glass reinforced plastic casing of a hand operated power tool. I also want to buy some System Eleven six packs of superglue/epoxy for the same purpose. Are these really the appropriate types of adhesive to use? I also need to replace / build up this same but worn plastic with something that adheres well. What can I use and where can I buy it please?

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Plastic Mouding of a Belt Sander Tool - Need Some 3M Structural Adhesive and Superglue or Epoxy, Where can I get Some?

by proptech » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi woolyhead
I would suggest that any repair to the casing of a power tool is not going to be anything other than a danger. Please either replace the tool, or get it properly repaired using the correct new parts.
If you are asking for another reason, let us know precisely what it is, I'm sure we can help.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:20 pm