Please advice on how to repair holes in brick and plaster
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bvorono
Labourer
Labourer

Please advice on how to repair holes in brick and plaster

by bvorono » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi there,
I started stripping back everything in my bathroom this weekend. The flat is a conversion. Long long ago it was an ironmongers, then it was a gymnasium (when all of the really poor decorating was done). The walls were covered in plastic (I guess for easy cleaning in the locker room?!) Anyway that is all gone now and I'm down to the original nicely plastered walls, accept there are a couple very large holes that I found. These consist of the chipped off plaster, some brick and also some cement or mortar.
They at least 6cm deep at the deepest.
What type of material do I need to use to fill them in properly? Mortar, plaster etc?
Thank you in advance for the assistance.
Best
Benjamin

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Please advice on how to repair holes in brick and plaster

by welsh brickie » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:19 am

you can use a variety of materials, first use a pva solution and paint it on the area, then use carlite bonding plaster, it will set after 2 hours, fill the holes completely, it does not matter if you go over board, then when its set, use a sharp flat trowel to cut back the excess to 3mm below the finished surface, make sure the area is clean then use thistle multi finish plaster and trowel flat.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:10 am