PLEASE HELP EMERGENCY

Postby marie0505 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:22 pm

Please please help
My dad came today to a new strip light in the kitchen.
Before starting both the lights in the kitchen worked fine, turned on and off.
When he fit the new light it wouldn't turn off, we thought perhaps the new light was faulty so put the old one back up, but now that one is stuck on. He has double checked the wiring over and over but still no change. When checking the power now it is continually live.
Help :cry:
marie0505
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby BLAKEY1963 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:38 pm

[quote="marie0505"]Please please help
My dad came today to a new strip light in the kitchen.
Before starting both the lights in the kitchen worked fine, turned on and off.
When he fit the new light it wouldn't turn off, we thought perhaps the new light was faulty so put the old one back up, but now that one is stuck on. He has double checked the wiring over and over but still no change. When checking the power now it is continually live.
Help :cry:[/quote]

MARIE
FATHER WILL HAVE 2 REMEMBER IF SWITCH WIRE RED / BLACK
TAGGED RED IS IN WITH PERMANENT LIVE. ASK HIM 2 CHECK
BLAKEY1963
BLAKEY1963
Progress to next rank:
31.6%

Postby marie0505 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:00 pm

Just asked my dad he said there are 3 red wires, one is live and 2 black wires he put 2 red together and 2 black together to hang new light, and then after said he put it back to what it was originally but still the light stayed on.
marie0505
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!