PLEASE HELP! knocked down wall..advice needed

Postby vw754 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:01 pm

[b] I had the front wall knocked down so i can park car at front of the house,where i used a steel blade and cut the wall leaving one pillar standing each side,problem is where ive cut,the bricks obviously now have rough edges.

I wanted advice on what to do,my friend said chisel away the rough bricks and remove them. Then put new pieces of brick in place.
Im no bricky and i wanted to know if i just smoothed the brick is there anything i can paint over the brick without it standing out like a sore thumb....what advice can u give..what i cud do myself?[/b]
Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:22 pm

Hire/borrow an angle grinder fitted with a masonry grinding disc and use this to tidy the cut faces.

Postby TheDoctor5 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!