Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Freefallingseven
Labourer
Labourer

PLEASE help me clean my grout....

by Freefallingseven » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:20 pm

Hello lovely people,

Please can somebody advise me on what to use or which product to buy to clean the grout between my bathroom wall tiles. The tiles were put up about 20 years ago and are still fine but the grout which was white, needs a new lease of life. It doesn''t seem to be mouldy or anything, just greyish and dirty looking. There are absolutely loads of tiles and I don't want to get into removing the old grout in case one of them breaks or cracks as I won''t be able to replace it. It would also be a really big job which being a DIY virgin, I don't want to take on.

I keep reading conflicting things about using bleach and regular cleaning is not doing the job so I don't know the easiest, best way to do it. Please help....

Thank you so much.
FF7

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:50 pm

Hi Freefallingseven,
You can buy cleaners especially for cleaning grout, after cleaning grout it's a good idea to seal it with a grout sealer to prevent mildew and mould reappearing.
Have a look in local DIY store,plumbers merchant or on-line, there's a few different ones so you have a choice.
Hope info helpfull and good luck.
KB

AndyB
Tradesman
Tradesman

by AndyB » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:16 pm

Hi,another way,which I've used, is to mix Bi-carb and Bleach into a paste. Apply the paste,onto the grout,with an old toothbrush. Leave paste on for at least an hour,then wash off. It worked a treat for me.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:46 am