please help

Postby josh1 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:33 pm

ive started a job and all i have to do is paint the ceilings and walls.its a new house 3years old and its all been painted b4 and dosnt really need doing they just want to freshen it up. problem is as soon as the paint is put on its drying out so fast and not spreading, wat can i do,i no this happens on fresh plaster but these wall have been painted well b4,anybody no wat the problem could be or how to get over it. thanks
josh1
Progress to next rank:
10.5%

Sponsor

DIY asbestos test kits

Postby pablo2 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:24 pm

Most likely the paint on there at the moment is a contract emulsion , you should be using a good wooven roller if the paint is a trade product you could thin slightly 10% a 12" roller for the ceilings would make things quicker .

pablo
pablo2
Progress to next rank:
76.9%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!