please help with lighting probs!

Postby ogstar » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:49 pm

A few months ago i installed a double switch for the downstairs and upstairs hallway and it has been working absolutely fine UNTIL just bought a new 5 bulb spotlight bar to replace standard ceiling rose downstairs. Have followed instructions on installation but now I cannot turn off the downstairs hallway light (the upstairs one turns on/off fine) Please help as this is driving me mad!! with thanks!
ogstar
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:22 am

Reds (assuming old colours) do not normally go to light but just connect together. Normally a Black with red sleeve feeds lamp. (If new than brown instead of red and blue instead of black). Common fault look in projects and or look at other lighting questions.
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!