Plinth lights
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pc6844
Tradesman
Tradesman

Plinth lights

Post by pc6844 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:50 pm

Hi, can you help?
I am about to refit a new kitchen and i would like plinth lights installing around the base of the units. The lights are simply a mains plug so technically you just plug them into a 240v socket however i want to control them via a switch. I have a double light switch in my kitchen that control 2 seperate ceiling lights and i would like to make the switch into a triple so that the 3rd switch will control the plinth lights, if that makes sense but i have no idea how to add and wire the switch.
Any ideas?
Much appreciated
Tony

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Plinth lights

Post by BLAKEY1963 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:26 am

[quote="pc6844"]Hi, can you help?
I am about to refit a new kitchen and i would like plinth lights installing around the base of the units. The lights are simply a mains plug so technically you just plug them into a 240v socket however i want to control them via a switch. I have a double light switch in my kitchen that control 2 seperate ceiling lights and i would like to make the switch into a triple so that the 3rd switch will control the plinth lights, if that makes sense but i have no idea how to add and wire the switch.
Any ideas?
Much appreciated
Tony[/quote]

TONY
NOTIFIABLE WORK. YOUR PART P SPARKY SHOUKD ADVISE U.
BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:22 pm