plumber put the taps in the wrong place
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
drummer
Labourer
Labourer

plumber put the taps in the wrong place

by drummer » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:47 pm

I have just had a showerbath fitted and came back last night to a shiny new suite which is lovely but....the plumber has put the taps a the end where you lie down, therefore it is impossible to have a soak. There are two other places (at least) where it would have been logical to put the taps to enable you to lie down in your bath (corner of bath, side nearest wall) without banging your head onthe taps but I didnt actually tell him he just used his own intitiave. Do you think I am being unreasonable to expect him to replace the bath as the alternative is a bath with unwanted holes in it.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:21 pm

Bath's normally come with the par holes pre-cut. If you didn't specify where you wanted them then I don't think there's much you can do.

He should have used abit of common sense, but he is working for you - you should have given instructions as to what you wanted.

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:31 pm

normally you would fit the taps on the back wall in the middle, as this part of the frame as a wide ledge to accomadate the taps
i fit baths all the time and one thing i would reccommend is to confirm with customer little things like this, saying that as htg engineer says you are employing him and the plumber cant read your mind(i dont mean that in a nasty way)
sounds 50 /50 to me

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:27 pm