All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MattR
Apprentice
Apprentice

Plumbing in Chrome Radiator

by MattR » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:48 pm

Hi,

I am currently plumbing in a decorative Chrome Radiator in living room. Property is 10 years old and original rad had 10mm copper pipe going into rad valves. My new Rad valves require 15mm connection. Because the chrome rad is smaller than the original rad i have to alter the pipework quite a bit. I want to conceal the pipework behind my skirting board which i have cut a channel for. Am i ok to use a 10 to 15 mm pushfit copper connector and then run a flexible 15mm hose from pushfit connector to piece of 15mm copper which would then slot into rad valve. I used a 15mm pushfit flexible hose on my chrome towel rad and thats been perfect.

Many Thanks

Matt

DUDE DIY
Ganger
Ganger

by DUDE DIY » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:50 pm

I am currently plumbing in a decorative Chrome Radiator in living room. Property is 10 years old and original rad had 10mm copper pipe going into rad valves. My new Rad valves require 15mm connection. Because the chrome rad is smaller than the original rad i have to alter the pipework quite a bit. I want to conceal the pipework behind my skirting board which i have cut a channel for. Am i ok to use a 10 to 15 mm pushfit copper connector and then run a flexible 15mm hose from pushfit connector to piece of 15mm copper which would then slot into rad valve. I used a 15mm pushfit flexible hose on my chrome towel rad and thats been perfect.

Many Thanks

Matt

Sounds fine to me matt, just get a good fit on all your connections and give the new radiator a test run before you seal the pipe work into the wall. Use plumbers tape around the threads and connections as well. If the wall your going into is an oustide wall it might be good practice to insulate the small section of pipe your concealing to protect aagainst heat loss or freezing. Dont over stretch or tightly bend the flexible hose pipes as well. Hope this helps...let me know how you get on. Cheers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:47 pm