Plumbing new BTW CC Toilet
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Murf007
Labourer
Labourer

Plumbing new BTW CC Toilet

by Murf007 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:15 pm

I intend to replace my current close-coupled toilet with a "back-to the-wall" variety. As the unit fits flush to the wall I was wondering how I go about connecting the waste? I'm sure that a flexible tape connector will overcome the access problem for the inlet, but I'm guessing that I need to connect the (straight) waste onto either the toilet or the soil pipe and merely push the unit up to the wall!.

I would appreciate any advice on this procedure.

fastfixservices
Labourer
Labourer

by fastfixservices » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Yes, you're correct. A flexible tap connector (braided hose) will do for connecting the cold supply to the cold inlet on the float valve.

For the waste, use a felxible pan connector.

Connect it to the waste outlet on the back of the WC pan, move it more or less into place (a little away from the wall obviously) and then puch the other end into the soil pipe.

You should be able to connect the water supply and test flush it a couple of times to check for leaks. When satisfied about water-tightness, push the WC back to the wall into it's final position. Test flush again a number of times and looks for any signs of leaks. Secure in place with supplied fixing when satisfied.

Good luck

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:29 pm