PolyFilla Smooth Over situation
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rebecca Ross
Labourer
Labourer

PolyFilla Smooth Over situation

by Rebecca Ross » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:49 pm

Hi folks,
I used Polyfilla Smooth Over to cover up woodchip. Went on fine, covered some dips in the wall too and will need a light sanding to hide the occasional tramline.

The problem is it has dried and taken on the consistency of pumice stone. Not very nice! Does anyone have advice on how I can cover this up? I have only painted part of the hall with smoothover and now thinking of not continuing. Is there wallpaper or something else I can use which covers smooth over AND woodchip?

Cheers,

Rebecca

stephen8
Labourer
Labourer

Poly smoothover remedy

by stephen8 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:07 am

I did the same thing and then had advice from a plasterer that firstly if you go to a tool hire centre there is a wallpaper stripper that has a blade on the end which removes wood chip easily. To answer your problem the thick wallpapers like vymura cover the smoothover as well as wood chip but you do need to ensure you get a good quality paper or else you need to put on a good quality lining paper first, both are readily available from all diy stores. Good luck.

Rebecca Ross
Labourer
Labourer

woodchip woes

by Rebecca Ross » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:40 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for the tips. I will have to bite the bullet and get scraping. A bit worried about damaging the plaster board underneath but I guess I can plaster over that if it gets a bit messy.

Thanks again,

Rebecca

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:52 pm