Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
LRuck
Labourer
Labourer

Poor toilet drain/flange location

by LRuck » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:53 am

Hi all,

This is my first time posting here, so I hope I'm posting in an appropriate place. I'm about to refurb my downstairs toilet. We bought our house a couple of years ago and are slowly refurbing it. It was built in 1990 and is completely full of bodge jobs. The location of the toilet flange is a case in point. I've attached photos (I hope) to illustrate. Basically it would appear that the wall has been built so close to the drain that the plasters have plastered around the 90degree bend pipe. This however is now cracking and needs replacing. I really want to get rid of this pipework as it's just awful, but I have no idea how to go about this because the wall is sooo close. Any suggestions? I could really do with some help on this. Thanks.
Attachments
20120808_093833-5.jpg

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Poor toilet drain/flange location

by plumbbob » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:09 pm

The pan connector can be removed easily when you remove the toilet. It is simple a push fit. You can replace it with a new one when fitting the new toilet.

The angled fitting it plugs into is a different matter. It isn't the closeness of the wall that is the problem, maybe the skirting may make removal awkward, but actually the main danger is how it connects to the next fitting along. Looking at the photo, it seems possible it is cemented into the clay pipe below ground. You will need to clear the area around where the pipe fits in and gently chip away the cement leaving the collar ready to accept the new fitting.

LRuck
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Poor toilet drain/flange location

by LRuck » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:24 am

Thanks so much- very helpful.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:40 am