Posting Replies

Postby rflight » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:36 pm

Is it just me or does it take forever for replies to show on this forum? Other forums show replies instantly. Anyone else experience this? :roll:
rflight
Progress to next rank:
30.8%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby 333rocky333 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:45 pm

yes maybe because there checked first

Personally think this may be good idea, as some of this work could be dangerous if someone followed wrong or malicious advice.
333rocky333
Progress to next rank:
88%

Postby thedoctor » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:30 am

The posts (every single one) on this forum are indeed checked every day. We get over 90,000 users every single week and many of them know nothing but still have no problems in posting information they got from their granny 25 years ago. This information could kill so we put in place qualified tradesmen (18 of them) to monitor the forum every day. Sometimes this leads to posts being a little slower than other sites but it also allows us to sleep properly. All the professional advice on this site is totally free and stupid posts, dangerous information and "chat" is not tollerated so if there are any complaints in this direction please send them to the sites owner Mike Edwards on mike@diydoctor.co.uk.
thedoctor

Postby ericmark » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:39 pm

Thank goodness I always worry about saying wrong thing. It is so hard to give advice without making an error as to how good the reader is at working out what you have said. Miss out a turn off mains before could really cause problems. As an electrician who can't work because of an industrial accident I enjoy keeping in touch but I for one would not like to be responsible if some one miss understood my advise. I am dyslexic and as a result I can make mistakes in how I put things. I know exactly what I mean to say but that may not be what is perceived as what I say. So great work by the checkers and I hope they continue in their good work.

Eric electrician of too many years to want to recall and also holder or degree in electrical and electronic engineering.
ericmark

Postby 333rocky333 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:18 pm

Sorry

No complaints here

No offence intended

Thinks you all do a great job.

Was just agreeing that posts are not instant, to confirm that it's same for all.

They are usually up within an hour or less, proberly quicker than waiting for a tradesman to come round and as you say all for free!

As said before better to screen the post before its read ,than after.

Happy new year.

Rocky
333rocky333
Progress to next rank:
88%

Postby thedoctor » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:41 pm

No need to apologise Rocky. We are very grateful for your (and most) replies but whatever we do we get complaints so we were just addressing those rather than your post. Take care and a happy new year to all !! Doc
thedoctor

Postby rflight » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:18 pm

Fantastic site, and as the saying goes "we are all still learning".

Thanks. We have seen the entry from 1 guy who knew everything and gave dangerous advice. We banned him, he is sore !
rflight
Progress to next rank:
30.8%

Postby ericmark » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:59 pm

The only problem is where two people answer while it is being checked and then it can look as if one is criticizing the other when in fact they are unaware of each others comments. But once one realizes this it's no longer a problem. Although I did make an error with one post fortunately 333Rocky333 found it. Glad that one got through quick thanks Rocky.
ericmark

Postby 333rocky333 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:34 pm

Ericmark

You had already said to connect the black /RED first.

So he would not have had three PLAIN blacks left anyway to join together.

He proberly would have sussed the error himself.

I was just being cautious, as we knew what you really meant.
(these black wires seem to be a regular problem for some though)
Regards
R
333rocky333
Progress to next rank:
88%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!