Potterton Kingfisher MF
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Emulated
Labourer
Labourer

Potterton Kingfisher MF

by Emulated » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:26 pm

My Potterton Kingfisher MF fires instanly on initial start up but once it has done a cycle of heating the hot water and whilst the boiler is still warm the relay clicks about 5 times and it takes several goes to fire up. I had the thermostat replaced but it made no difference.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:57 pm

You need an RGI to check and adjust pilot, once the appliance is warm there's a better pull on the flue, a dirty or poor pilot the gas is pulled away from the pilot - so the gas air mixture isn't correct.

htg

Emulated
Labourer
Labourer

by Emulated » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Many thanks. Maybe the service man failed to understand the problem and simply fitted a new temperature control. I will ask him to recall and see how it goes.

htg engineer wrote:You need an RGI to check and adjust pilot, once the appliance is warm there's a better pull on the flue, a dirty or poor pilot the gas is pulled away from the pilot - so the gas air mixture isn't correct.

htg

eggers
Ganger
Ganger

by eggers » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:17 pm

is it open flued mf or room sealed?
the air intake on the open flued mf do get clogged easily, but it could be a blocked pilot, or a flame rectification fault

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1