Power cut now no heating?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
angelsquidge
Labourer
Labourer

Power cut now no heating?

Post by angelsquidge » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:57 pm

We had a power cut this morning, and now this evening when the central heating was set to come on the water has warmed up but the radiators are stone cold.

I've checked the system, re-set it all, checked the pilot light and thermostat etc and they're all fine.

We've not long moved into our house, and I'm a complete plumbing novice but from what I can logically gather the central heating pump isn't working. Its in the airing cupboard and usually hums away when its pumping the water but its not making any noises at all.

Could this be as a result of the power cut and something with the pump needs to be re-set, or has it just given up the ghost and died?

Any help would really be gratefully received as I'm now sat in a very cold house with 2 babies :cry:

Thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:03 pm

check mains fuse board - all switches on ?
check fused spur is this on ?

Is the boiler heating the water, or an immersion heater ?

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

Post by marrtin » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:06 pm

Really all a power cut can do is mess up a time clock, and as you have hot water, shows at least you have power.

Set the timeclock to "always on" or "24hr" just to see if the heat comes on. Turn the room stat up too.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1