Power Shower motor packing up?
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
belgarboy
Labourer
Labourer

Power Shower motor packing up?

by belgarboy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:32 pm

Hi,
My Meynell Vitesse Thermostatic has started making a loud rumbling noise. The water output is way down. The motor sounds as if it's way down on speed. I've had it for about 12 years and it's on its 5th set of brushes, the last set being changed only a couple of months ago. I think the time has come to either replace the motor or the complete shower unit. Can anyone confirm my disgnosis? If so, do you know where I can get a new shower unit which will be a direct replacement? I know I can replace the motor, but I fancy a new unit in the event that the motor needs replacing,
Thanks, Peter.

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:31 pm

Well, it certainly sounds as if it's in trouble. Of course, the problem is diagnosis at a distance is only a guess.

Have a look at the Mira Event shower. Mira are a popular brand and I do believe the fitting is similar to yours, but I must admit, yours is a brand I am not familiar with.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:02 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:08 pm