Power to a Shed Using Boiler Power in Adjacent Boiler House?

Postby barrymurphy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:24 am

Hi,

I have a wooden shed and it sits approx. 4 feet from a boiler house, inside which is 2 sockets and obviously, power.

The power goes to the boiler house when the heating is switched on inside the house and so power can be taken to the shed via the sockets.

Armoured cable runs from the house to the boiler house.

I want to have power in my shed and make use of the existing power supply to the boiler rather than run another cable underground and without having to turn the heating on.

Is this possible?

thanks

Barry
barrymurphy
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby diydoctor6 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:13 pm

I don't understand what the question, but if the power only goes to the boiler house when the heating is on, then if you add a spur to this circuit then it will only work when the heating is on too?!

There is more information here:

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/ga ... ghting.htm

It is possible to run the cable on a restraining wire if preferred to burying it. Make sure you follow the regulations:

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/partp.htm
diydoctor6
Progress to next rank:
55.3%

Postby ericmark » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:59 am

You can get RF controlled sockets so in theroy yes you could make the sockets always live and control socket to boiler with an RF link.

However not really a DIY job. Look at LightwaveRF remote control and decide if worth the money. I will guess a couple of hundred.
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!