Pressure drop to 0 on Ideal Isar HE30
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mjsmudger@btinternet.com
Labourer
Labourer

Pressure drop to 0 on Ideal Isar HE30

by mjsmudger@btinternet.com » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:58 am

Hi everyone...I have a problem!

I was fortunate enough to qualify for a grant on warmfront scheme.

They came and very kindly fit me a new boiler. That night the boiler started to make hurrendous noises as did the whole house. The pressure gauge was flicking back and forth so I rang them and they came out and discovered that the flow and return had been mixed up. They decided the best way to resolve this was to replace all my tvrs to dual flow ones. (I thought switching the pipes would have been easier but hey what do I know!) Problem solved I thought.

I was then poorly so didn't really take much heed to my pressure gauge. The inspector came and said why is your pressure on 0? Like I'd know! So he merrily topped it up to 1.5 that afternoon it was on 0 again. No visable leaks I topped it back up. I know I know why did I think it would solve itself..I'm just very optamistic!

Of course this didn't solve it after several calls someone finally came out scratched his head and other places I don't care to mention and said I think its the expansion vessel..I'll order one.

So then come two young lads and in the course of them being here one electricuted himself and the other flooded the joint...that wasn't supposed to happen he said...duh well no!! All fixed I said...yeh defo...hmmm.. I said wanna lay a bet? NO honest its fixed!

I have 0 pressure again....arghhhhh. Rang them Friday still waiting for a call on hold now waiting for an answer as to what happens now?

I fit a central heating system in my old house no problems...experts come I have problems!

Sorry for waffling just frustrated! Any ideas? :roll:

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:15 pm

Check the pressure relief valve isn't passing, this should be a pipe from the boiler which will discharge to outside. This is a safety valve which will open if the pressure rises to more than 3bar.

Check boiler, pipes and radiators for leaks.

splodger
Labourer
Labourer

by splodger » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:59 pm

Guess what, I had the very same boiler fitted under the warm front scheme on 25th june. Boiler pressure drops to 0 approx every 4 hours after filling back up, didn't do this with old baxi boiler. Wife rang warmfront 10 mins ago, they said it is a common problem and are going to send out an engineer tonight.

shorty
Labourer
Labourer

by shorty » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:27 pm

hi there unfortunatly most warmfront installers through the boiler and systems in and are not very good at their jobs!
i work for a boiler manfacturers and most the calls we go out to are installation related problems.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1