pressure issues Halstead Ace high central heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
diyweekend
Apprentice
Apprentice

pressure issues Halstead Ace high central heating

by diyweekend » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:20 pm

Hello

I suspect I have two problems with my system.

Firstly I think I have a faulty filling point control valve. How do I replace the valve. would I have to turn the water inlet to the boiler the stop cock to the house to take off and replace. This is definitely faulty, I can here water filing even when the little tap is turned off. Another question is the return loop can I disconnect this without loosing water, one side is connected to the system the other is connected to the fill tap which seems to have a nut on each side, so to take off seems to be undo two nuts and replace with another valve and replace. Are these specific to boiler or universal can I get a replacement from say plumbers merchant or say B & Q.

the second problem is I think my expansion vessel needs to be repressured a radiator was taken off for decorating and I was not in the house when refill took place. As I arrive the father in law told me he thinks the system was overfilled by him the overflow pipe looked like waterfall and he said the pressure reading went to nearly 4 bar. without switch on. Since then we have pressure problems. Before the system was cold 1 Bar hot 1.5 no blow out. Now fill to 1bar cold hot 2.25 blow out (system set to trickle at 2.25) and when cold 0.5 bar. does this sound like an expansion tank pressure problem?

If someone could tell me where on the Ace High expansion vessel the recharge valve is as far as I can remember the tank is fitted tightly behind the boiler.

While I am here asking how do I get some more inhibitor into the system is it still known as ferox.

thank you

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:31 am

Hi,
Yes filling loops are common items so just replace.
Sounds to me that your PRV is at fault - not seating correctly
Its called fernox - pour into one of your rads

Hth

diyweekend
Apprentice
Apprentice

by diyweekend » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:10 pm

thank you steve the gas i will concentrate on this area this weekend,

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1