Pressure on CH system.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
citroen
Apprentice
Apprentice

Pressure on CH system.

by citroen » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:57 pm

I recently got gas central heating fitted by Scottish gas.The boiler is a Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior.Could anyone give me advice on the following:-
1.The engineer told me if I bled a radiator,the system/boiler woyld lose pressure and the CH would not work until I repressurised it.Could anyone tell me how to do this and what pressure do I put it to?
2.I am needing to change a couple of tap washers.I would be turning the water off at the rising mains before I did it.Would this cause pressure to be lost or does this not affect it?
Thanks for any help.

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:09 am

Hi Citroen,

1. The pressure on boiler guage should be between 1 to 1.5 bar.
This is done via the filling loop but on yours it might be a Key tap design, read the instructions in your boiler manual.

2. No it won't affect your boiler pressure, but, obviously you won't get any hot water with mains turned off.

citroen
Apprentice
Apprentice

by citroen » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:12 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.It has been very helpful.As to looking in the boiler manual,I think it is written for a tradesman.I do not understand what to do so I think I will get a heating engineer when it is required.

citroen
Apprentice
Apprentice

by citroen » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:15 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.It has been very helpful.As to seeing the manual for pressurising the boiler,I don't understand the manual so I think I'll be getting a heating engineer if it becomes necessary.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1