price
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wayne 78
Tradesman
Tradesman

price

Post by wayne 78 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:51 pm

hi everyone first time on this forum hope someone can help i had a plumber round today for pricing up fitting 3 new radiators in my cellar one in the bathroom and two in the living area the flow and return pipes run in the ceiling of the cellar in 15mm which he sed he cud run 2 of the rads from there and one from a curcuit that must av been in previously but av bin capped off in 10mm my question is he qouted me 200 pound for fitting them so just wondering does that sound right or am i being ripped off thank you for any replys

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

Post by DONFRAMAC » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:31 am

Plumbing work in my area, which is short of reputable time-served men, is charged at £25 + Vat/hour, so it seems OK, so long as you have checked out his previous history with customers, and elsewhere.
It is easy to be conned, and some corners can be cut re. the cleansing, and recommissioning of the system, dosed as appropriate with inhibitor. I would want to see the work being done.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:19 pm

It's ok wanting to see the work that's done - if you know what you're doing/talking about .

There's nothing worse than someone standing over you when your busy, especially when they're trying to tell you your job - when they haven't got a clue .

wayne 78
Tradesman
Tradesman

price

Post by wayne 78 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:53 pm

thank you both for your replys i have asked the plumber and he sed the price includes all pipework and refilling adding an inhibitor he sed sentinal or something was the best quality so going off that does £200 pound sound reasonable ? thank you for your time

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1