Primatic cylinder
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
paul.
Labourer
Labourer

Primatic cylinder

Post by paul. » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:52 pm

Hi
Can anyone help me with what seems, looking through this site, as a back boiler with a primatic tank upstairs! i now half understand how one works,as when i first looked at it ,i could not understand why i could not find a second tank for the central heating side of things,and if not why one would not be showering in water, that had been in the radiators!!!
Any way my primatic tank has its reservoir on top as part of the copper tank ,and as yet have not found anything like this on the net.would this be called a nordic primatic tank?????
The tank seems to have a leak the size of a pin prick in it at the top of the hot water reservoir!and is only producing warm water, not hot!This system has obviously been there since the year dot,and i will i think end up replacing the system with a combi boiler !
So why ask,well coz knowledge is king,and i need to know!
Thanks Paul

gasmick
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by gasmick » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:31 pm

hi i think what you have got is an old style combination tank and cyld that were used a lot an flats with no roof spaces and were usually fitted as high as possible in the airing cupboard,, been obsolete for years
just like the back boiler, the only thing seperating the domestic water from the rads is an air bubble withing the primatic part of the cyld
the only problem was if the stat went its then when you got rusty dirty water coming out of the taps , Nordic was a name for some radiators they were in fact called Anglo Nordic and were amongst the first type of saftey style of convector rad used in this country

mick

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1