Problem with Danfoss thermostat
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gioginnelli
Labourer
Labourer

Problem with Danfoss thermostat

by gioginnelli » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi,

I have 2 Danfoss TP5000 thermostat's, not sure which model version. One upstairs, one downstairs. The upstairs thermostat works and switches the boiler on to provide hot radiators, although downstairs when overided to provide heat, even with the fire symbol on the display, fails to switch on the boiler. The downstairs thermostat is located in the entrance hall about 2 metres away from the boiler which is situated in the kitchen. Is my system wireless, as I can't see any reciever? I have two mortorised valves upstairs in the airing cupboard, one labled up and one labled down.

The boiler I have is a Ideal Isar HE-35.

Help would be much appreciated....it's pretty cold downstairs!

GC

plastic_man77
Ganger
Ganger

by plastic_man77 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:26 pm

You have probably got a faulty zone valve. Try operating it manually and see if it brings the heating on or remove the casing and see if you can manually make the microswitch with an electrically insulated screw driver/tester. If this brings your heating on, then try turning your thermostat on and watch what happens to the valve. If it doesn't work at all, then there is potentially a problem with the stat. On the other hand, if it does work, but doesn't reach the microswitch, then you need another zone valve.

The above is assuming your thermostat is not radio frequency and that all your wiring is sound.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1