Problem With Visonic Powermax Burgler Alarm
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wisejamesben
Labourer
Labourer

Problem With Visonic Powermax Burgler Alarm

by wisejamesben » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:06 pm

I am currently getting an error message 'dining room z03 tamper alarm' that means every 4 hours during daytime i have to enter my code to stop annoying beeps. I have tried changing that battery but no joy. I don't really use the alarm (it was there when we moved in), so preferably i would either like to be able to cut that particular sensor out of the system or just turn the whole alarm off. However (i am sure because of security reasons, if burglar alarms were easy to turn off they wouldn't really be much use having) googling the answer does not seem to have helped. I would prefer to avoid paying someone a load of cash just to come out to show me where the off button is hidden! Any ideas much appreciated. James

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Problem With Visonic Powermax Burgler Alarm

by ericmark » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:02 am

With most alarms to disable means battery removed from bell box, battery removed from alarm panel, and power turned off. If it complies with the law it should only sound for 15 minutes, however I have heard them run for much longer.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Problem With Visonic Powermax Burgler Alarm

by Mr White » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:25 am

To programme a device (Remove the pir from the system in your case) you need to have the engineer's code. If you don't have the code (and the manual telling you how to do programme the panel) you could remove all power for the panel. (Mains and battery) You should also have to disconnect the battery from the (External) alarm sounder. You may want to do this first.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:43 pm