Problem with wall paper
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
IvorKevin
Labourer
Labourer

Problem with wall paper

Post by IvorKevin » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:54 am

I have just stripped a wall and removed all the wallpaper. There were small bits of paper that I struggled to get off, so I left them on, sanded them and have lined the walls with 800 grade lining paper. I have applied two coats of emulsion and you can still see the small bits on the original wall. How can I sort this problem out?

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

Post by theshedman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:52 am

Hi, sorry but the best way to get a decent look would be to take it all off and start again making sure you remove all the little bits as well. You can paint the lining paper as much as you like but you will probably still see the patches. Sorry probably not what you wanted to hear but if you want good finish you can't with decorating you need to do the prep work well.

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

Post by JRS » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Or you fill the bit you can see until its flush may take a few fills, each one being greater than the last.

JD333
Labourer
Labourer

Post by JD333 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:38 am

Or why not disguise the irregularities with a paint effect? I had an old house with uneven plaster work, so in the bedroom I brushed on a couple of coats of matt emulsion in pale yellow, then rag rolled over the top with a bright lemon eggshell. It looked great and lasted ages. You could roll, dab or sponge - it gives a really individual, impressive look.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:38 am