Problem with water flow between bath taps and shower (mixer)
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Eileen Debenham
Labourer
Labourer

Problem with water flow between bath taps and shower (mixer)

by Eileen Debenham » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:33 pm

My bath taps are the variety with a pull-up mixer to send the water through to the shower head. Although the water comes out from the shower head, the mixer pull-up lever only achieves the task when it is positioned somewhere between the top and bottom setting (i.e., when fully pulled up, it should divert the flow to the shower head; instead it still sends it through the taps). To get any water out through the shower head, the mixer needs to be nudged back down until more water comes out of the shower head than the taps (there is always water running from the taps, whatever position the mixer lever is placed in). As you can imagine, this is a very frustrating problem each morning and it seems to be getting worse!

I hope someone could advise whether or not this is likely to be simply a washer problem. If so, would I need to turn off the household water supply in order to deal with it?

Thanks in anticipation of any advice or suggestions.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:41 am

It does sound like the divertor O rings (washers) need replacing as you suggest. However it could also be some muck in it which is preventing it operating correctly.

In any event it has to come out to find out and yes, you would need to stop the supplies to your bath shower mixer to do this.

Cheers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:15 am