Problem with wiring ceiling rose
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mattg
Labourer
Labourer

Problem with wiring ceiling rose

by mattg » Wed May 09, 2007 11:47 am

Hi,

I am putting in a new ceiling rose.

From the ceiling there is a red wire and two blacks. The red wire is in a terminal block labeled live and the two blacks both feed into the neutral part of the terminal block.

I have removed the terminal block as my new ceiling rose has an in-built terminal block.

I have fed the red live wire into the live terminal on the rose and fed the two black wires into the two available neutral terminals.

Nothing happens but i can't see how the wiring is any different to it was before, except that the two black wires are now in separate points rather than in the same one, yet both points are neutral. Could this be responsible?

Thanks

thedoctor2
Ganger
Ganger

by thedoctor2 » Wed May 09, 2007 4:04 pm

Hi
I f you look in the form here under Projects there is a very good coloured drawing of how a ceiling rose is wired , under electrics which will explain all ,hope this has been of help to you there

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Wed May 09, 2007 4:58 pm

Further to Docs comment, why have you only 1 red? if 2 blacks must have 2 reds!
Also if 1 of a pair of lights in same room on same switch then R-R to flex brn. + B-B to flex Blue.
If only 1 light on 1 switch then the TWO reds go to loop-in live term. & blacks go 1 to each end of flex, 1 being N the other the return sw.line live from switch,Regards SPARX

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:17 pm