Problems with cold water pressure

Postby Rookie1977 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:06 pm

Today I fitted a new mixer shower and since turning back on the water I have very little cold water coming through the system upstairs. The bath and sink cold taps seem less pressured and there is little if any coming through the shower. Could it have something to do with the tap in the loft that I switched off before disconnecting old shower and back on after I finished installing the new one?
Rookie1977
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby raihan310770 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:09 pm

[quote="Rookie1977"]Today I fitted a new mixer shower and since turning back on the water I have very little cold water coming through the system upstairs. The bath and sink cold taps seem less pressured and there is little if any coming through the shower. Could it have something to do with the tap in the loft that I switched off before disconnecting old shower and back on after I finished installing the new one?[/quote]

it sounds like you have an airlock somewhere attach mains pressure supply to a indirect tap and see if you can release the trapped air back up through the cold water cistern.
raihan310770
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!