problems (?) with integrated dishwasher door
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
beacon182
Labourer
Labourer

problems (?) with integrated dishwasher door

Post by beacon182 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:13 pm

Hi
I'm slowly fitting a new kitchen and have bought a Bosch integrated dishwasher. The problems started trying to open it to get to the instructions inside - the opening aperture/mechanism was covered up with a plastic moulding which I had to remove to get the door open and access the instructions :oops: Don't know if that was supposed to stay on or not... anyway, the whole thing reminded me of when I bought a Bullworker (can you still get those?) as a skinny 15-year-old but couldn't get the packaging off :wink:
On finally consulting the instructions, I note that they (a series of mystifying illustrations which also somehow serves as a template!) include nothing specific about the handle: obviously, I want to fit my own matching handle to the door... Which got me thinking: how will my handle operate the door mechanism? Well, I know it won't as it will just be attached to the door, so does that mean the dishwasher will unlock automatically when not in operation? If so, how was I supposed to open it to get the instructions, as it was well and truly locked? And should I refit the plastic cover thingy over the mechansim aperture?

As you've probably gathered, it's got me rather foxed at the mo

Any voice of experience would be greatly appreciated...

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:52 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:08 am