Progressive Movement With in the Property - What Costs Involved?

Postby Halude » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:21 pm


im a first time poster on these forums,

I have been reading alot on this site and it is very informative, i wonder if there is someone out there that may be able to help me with a question.

Im currently buying a house and a valuation report has highlighted that the house im buying has movement within the house and may be progressive, i have got a structural engineer going in next week,

We have asked where this movement is and all i got told by the valuer is "everywhere" which is not very informative,

In the worst case scenario what does this mean? the house was built in 1925 so i would naive if i didnt think there no movement in the property,

what costs may be associated is the house may be progressive?

can someone help me understand this please,

Much appreciated

Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:59 pm


Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:25 am

Wait for the structural engineers report, his assesment of the work required will allow a builder to give you a price for the repair.
then you can either walk away, or tell the seller to reduce the price accordinly, if you are applying for morgage you will need the report for the banks as they may not lend you the total ammount until the repairs are completed
welsh brickie
Posts: 2155
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics